If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
What is Career Counselling ? What can I expect ?
Your Counsellor Will :
- Help you figure out who you are and what you want out of your education, your career, and your life.
- Be someone for you to talk to about your thoughts, ideas, feelings, and concerns about your career and educational choices, who will help you sort out, organize, and make sense of your thoughts and feelings.
- Help you identify the factors influencing your career development, and help you assess your interests, abilities, and values.
- Help you locate resources and sources of career information.
- Help you to determine next steps and develop a plan to achieve your goals.
Your career counselor won’t :
- Tell you what to do, or tell you what you should major in or what career you should pursue.
- Who needs Career Counseling?
- Exploring Career and Major Options
- I have no idea what I want to do with my life.”
- “I don’t know what to major in.”
- “I’ve narrowed it down to a couple career options, but I’m having a hard time choosing between them.”
- “I know what I want to major in, but I have no idea what I want to do once I graduate.”
- “I know what I want to do, but I’m not sure what the best major would be.
- “I want to know what kinds of jobs I can get with my major.”
- “I don’t feel like I know enough about all the different careers out there to know what I want to do.”
About the Counsellor
Mr. Ish Gera
Mr. Ish Gera has been a leading career counselor and expert in career guidance for over three decades and a commerce graduate by profession. He has developed a unique and integrated approach to career counseling, which encompasses both parents and teachers in the key decision?making processes. He started on with this journey of transforming the lives of talented students by guiding them on the correct career path and in the past 21 years. Because of his efforts in this field he has been certified by leading career portals like idreamcareers and careerguide.com.
Mr. Ish Gera is known for discussing ‘Career Options After 10+2 and Beyond’ and ‘Study Abroad’. His deep knowledge and experience has inspired thousands of students both in India and abroad. His uniqueness is in his approach towards the career counseling as he possesses deep knowledge of all the entrances, eligibility, governing bodies and their paper patterns.
He has taken workshops in most eminent schools in Delhi like DPS Rohini, Kulachi hansraj, Bal Bharti, N. K Bagrodia, Ryan International, Rukmini Devi, Maharaja Agarsen etc. These workshops bring careers to life for students and encourage them to think about career paths and the area of study they would like to pursue after high school. His training and workshops are distinguishing and the distinguishing factors are:-
- Transfers skill and knowledge from expert to novice
- Results in skill accomplishment that build on each other and leads to result oriented performance
HIS UNIQUE APPROACH
In his case he affirms and endorses the participant and provides feedback on areas that are working well and those that still may need improvement. If he sees a participant slide back into old patterns, discussions are held about what needs to be done to sustain the desired behavior.
Appropriate objectives of coaching and counseling:
- Skill development, with emphasis on a specific task
- Performance improvement, more broadly aimed at the overall job responsibility
- Professional development, focused on future responsibilities
- Personal development, looking beyond the professional role
Ideal Career Test
Stream Selector Test
Skill Based Career Test
Humanities Career Selection Test
Engineering Branch Selector Test
Commerce Career Selection Test
It’s a collection of careers to help you with your job search, your work situation and more.